At Joseph Gleave & Son Limited (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your Information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- The Information we collect or receive and how we use it:
By corresponding with us by phone, email or using our Website we may receive and you may provide the following:
- your name, job title, contact information including email address, mobile / phone numbers and delivery address;
- your demographic information such as, preferences and interests;
- your financial and credit card information; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page,
- What we do with the Information:
We use the Information listed above to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular the following:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, services and products you request from us;
- to provide delivery information to carrier organisations to deliver products to you, this may include but is not limited to your name, address and contact information, e.g. your mobile number and email address to send you important information about your pending delivery;
- to communicate with you at your request (e.g. to reset your password), to speed up form filling, to personalise or improve your experience on our Website;
- for reasons relating to the conduct of our business including record keeping, website administration, data analysis, testing and research;
- to improve our products and services;
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided;
- from time to time, we may also use your Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the Information to customise our Website according to your interests;
- we may also use the information from our Website to generate aggregated, anonymised data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve our Website and the products we offer. Where necessary this exercise may be carried out on our behalf by a third party; and
- to share Information with companies who provide services such as data processing, credit reference agencies, analytics, search engine providers, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and whilst they may separately seek your consent to use your details for their own marketing purposes, under no circumstances will we inform any third parties that they are permitted to use your details for their own marketing purposes.
- Third Party Marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your Information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Joseph Gleave & Son Ltd. Beech House, 995 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester, M33 0NB, United Kingdom or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclosure of the Information:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court or any applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- Subject access requests:
Under data protection legislation you have the right to request a copy of the Information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. In accordance with the law, we may charge you for accessing your Information. You must prove your identity to us prior to accessing your Information with two pieces of appropriate identification.
Please address requests and questions about this to us at email@example.com
- Security policy:
We are committed to ensuring that your Information is secure. Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your Information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of any information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Where is your Information held?
From time to time and for operational reasons the Information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your Information may also be processed by some of our third party service providers who operate outside the EEA.
We use these third party service providers (which may include some based in the USA) to help us provide products and services to you. When we appoint suppliers we take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. However, different countries have different data protection and security laws and some of these do not offer the same level of protection as you enjoy under UK data protection legislation. You should be aware that your Information may be accessible by government and law enforcement agencies.
- Contact Us
- Your rights
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).